News: Added Links For Twin Commander and Facebook Pages

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Slow to start  (Read 12716 times)

Bruce Byerly

Re: Slow to start
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 08:28:41 pm »
It engages, but the computer modulates it once it gets to a certain point. However, you can press the button to override the computer's judgement and dump more fuel in there if you want to. At least, that's what I remember-- I've never pressed the button in my 980.

From what I recall of the -10T, it has no computer (YOU are the computer!) so you have to press the button as it comes up, and then modulate it yourself.

Exactly. The SRL takes it right to target egt and the modulates it thereabouts.  At least that’s what it’s supposed to do.  You can see the egt needle wiggle in the 980/1000 as it primes. I get great joy watching that all happen automatically but then I’m easily entertained. Enriching the -10T depends more on how the fuel control setup, OAT, oil temp and all of that. But the goal should be to modulate it around the target EGT. But lighting it off with the enrich depressed always seems to make it start better. But we digress ...

Steve binnette

Re: Slow to start
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 02:44:10 pm »

I love showing off the auto start function.  People ask if it has a fadec!

What other airplane back then had an autostart where you sit on your hands and just watch the lights go on and off and the the needles climb and settle?

Pure black box magic. Love it